- 1). Place the first bike on the rack so that the rack is supporting the frame. Adjust the pedals so they don't interfere with the bumper.
- 2). Tie the bike frame to the rack at the two points where the rack supports the frame. Use bungee cords if you don't trust your knots.
- 3). Place the second bike on the rack facing in the opposite direction of the first. For a better fit, lift the handlebars of the second bike over the rear tire of the first.
- 4). Secure the second bike to the rack, also at the points where the bike frame and the bike rack meet.
- 5). Tie the front wheel of each bike to the frame. This keeps the wheels from banging and spinning.
- 6). Tie the outside bike's wheels to the car's bumper, or beneath the car, to keep the bikes from swinging.