Install the Signature Tablet
- 1). Connect the USB cable to the tablet if it is not already connected.
- 2). Connect the other end of the USB cable to an open USB port on your computer.
- 3). Insert the software installation disc that came with the tablet and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation of the software.
Sign Microsoft Word Documents
- 1). Open a Microsoft Word document. Click to place the cursor where you would like the signature to go.
- 2). Click the "pencil" icon in the toolbar to open the signing window.
- 3). Use the tablet pen to write your signature on the signing surface of the tablet. Check the results on the screen. Click "Cancel" to erase the signature if you made a mistake and try again.
- 4). Click "Done" to add the signature to your document.
Sign Adobe Acrobat Documents
- 1). Open Adobe Acrobat. Click "Edit" in the toolbar at the top of the window and choose "Preferences," "Security" and "Advanced Preferences."
- 2). Click the dropdown box next to "Default Method for Verifying Signatures" and choose your signature tablet. Click the "Creation" tab and choose the signature tab in the dropdown box next to "Default Method to Use when Signing and Encrypting Documents" as well. Click "OK" to save your changes.
- 3). Open an Acrobat document and click the "Sign" button in the toolbar, then choose "Create a Blank Signature Field."
- 4). Click and drag the signature field where you would like to place it in the document. Click and drag the corners to resize it if necessary.
- 5). Double-click the "Hand Tool" button and click the marker at the top edge of the signature box. The signature window will open.
- 6). Use the signature pen to write your signature on the surface of the tablet. Click "Erase" if you make a mistake and try again. Click "Accept" when you are satisfied with your signature. The signature will be added to the document.