Have you noticed that just about every company has their own website? If you are a small business owner and you do not have a website setup specifically for your business you need to get one STAT. Customers typically like to learn more about a business before they plunk their hard-earned money on something that they want. A website is just what your company needs and here are just 5 reasons why.
1. So customers can learn more. Your website should give a clear description of you, your business, how long you have been in business and what types of products or services that you offer. Much of this information is included on one page that is usually titled "About". You may also choose to have this information directly on the homepage as well.
2. So you can be contacted. If a potential customer has questions or concerns about your business they may want to contact you. If you do not provide any contact information they may just decide to move on to somebody who does. Providing contact information proves that you are in fact a real business. You should provide every possible means of communication that you're comfortable with including phone numbers, fax number, e-mail address and physical address.
3. So you can share updates. Updating a website frequently is important. This helps your business stay fresh. If customers know you are not updating your site, they may not want to go back to it because to them it may show that you simply do not care enough to provide updates or updated information to your website.
4. To share promotions and special offers. If you're a business that provides special offers or promotions from time to time, which you should, then your website is the perfect platform to boast about it. Create an area that is specifically for coupons or promotions and label it that. Customers do tend to visit websites to see if they can find any special offers before they visit. Whether you're offering free consultations or giving away something for free, create a separate webpage to showcase that information for your customers.
5. To work in conjunction with Google Places. If you have a Google Places listing for your business, you are able to add a website to that listing for people to visit. This means that if somebody searching for something related to your type of business and your listing comes up in Google Places they can click through to your listing and find your website listed as well. This makes it easy for them to learn more about your business without having to contact you directly in order to do so.
If you do not have a website for your business you are missing out on a large number of potential customers. It is a fact that customers will go online to learn more about businesses before they actually use their product or service. It allows them to determine if it's something they are looking for so they don't have to waste any time. Your website does not have to be fancy, but you should have one that provides plenty of information about your business and be sure to include a "Contact" page as well.